Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fettuccini with crawfish



This doesn't sound good to you? It doesn't sound good to me either. And I never would have deliberately set out to make this. It was all a case of mistaken identity. I should label what I put in my freezer. I thought the freezer bag with the orange stuff in it contained Bolognese sauce. Since the microwave died I have been thawing some frozen dishes in a pan over low heat. I dumped the fettuccini in with the orange stuff. By the time I realized this it was too late. I had to eat it. I cannot afford to waste anything. I tossed in some panko crumbs and some parmesan, and the result was edible. Would I make this again? No. But I would wager that some young chef in New Orleans or in some other place where people worship the crawfish , has already cooked this. And is this not the way some recipes are born? As much in error, as with deliberation.

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Mmmm. Well judging by the picture it looks good! :)