Sunday, July 11, 2010

"French" Iced Coffee as they serve it at "Miss Saigon".



I went out to "Miss Saigon" on Charlotte Pike Friday night, and along with my Vermicelli with Pork and Shrimp ( # 53- Bun Miss Saigon) I had their French Iced Coffee. I made it at home yesterday, albeit in a larger glass, and enjoyed it just a much. All one has to do is spoon two heaping tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk into the bottom of the glass, pour in cold coffee ,and add ice cubes. Stir up the condensed milk, then drink. It is enough to transport you a world and half- century away to Indochine where the man at the cafe table next to you may be planning his next novel. Perhaps he will title it "The Quiet American".

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Love it! If I could only write like Graham. btw I'm cut and pasting this recipe so I can transport my self (with the fan on) to Saigon the next time the humidity hits 90% like last week. :)