Saturday, November 27, 2010

Crab cakes Savoy




I have eaten a number of crabcakes, and these are the best I have ever tasted. And these are the first crabcakes I have ever made! I used approximately 4 cups of the "Piquant Crab Salad" I described in my previous post. To the 4 cups I added 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 heaping tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 2 eggs, and 1 1/2 cups of Panko crumbs. I combined everything, then shaped the cakes and put them on a plate covered with plastic wrap. I covered them with another sheet of plastic wrap, and put them in the refrigerator for 2 hours to firm them up. Then I carefully lifted them into a baking dish I had brushed with oil. Then I baked them at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

I think the Savoy cabbage made these particularly succulent. I have four cakes left. I not think they will be here in the morning!

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

I do love crabcake. Looks yummy.
I did chuckle at you post about the motherboard and "technokid". It true. When I had computer glitches and failure at school I could call the center office for the tech people and wait three weeks for help or ask my class for help and have a dozen student volunteers to chose from. They usually fixed the problem. Kids love to help their technologically ignorant teachers! :)