Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Kindness of Strangers

The Blue Screen of Death came to haunt my computer around 3 weeks ago. It corrupted it, and it kept me off line. I anticipated another month until I could afford the inevitable $200.00 repair bill. Yet yesterday, a repair man came to fix something in my apartment. In passing I mentioned my computer was dead, killed by the Blue Screen.

"Let me look at it", said the man. An hour later he had fixed my computer by downloading a new driver. I paid him $50.00 for his work, even though he said I did not need to. He gave me his phone number to call if I had more problems. He saved me precious dollars out of the instinct to help. Out of the goodness of his heart. There are many good people in this world.

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Just catching up after our trip. The blue screen of death indeed. How nice for the helper. Its one of the reasons we left the big city and have lived among friends in our small town....