Monday, April 25, 2011

Hummingbird bait





I bought some Salvia coccinia to help the hummingbirds remember my porch, and also a new glass feeder. And last night at 6:10 pm I saw my first Ruby throat investigating. She gave everything the once over, took a sip at the feeder, then flew away. I have not seen her today. I am happy to say I have heard and seen other migrants. Wood thrushes. Scarlet Tanagers. Blue-winged warblers. And today in Pasquo, a passel of Easter Kingbirds. But no Indigo Buntings or Blue Grosbeaks yet.

I had hoped to go on the Tennessee Ornithological Society walk Wednesday morning but terrible weather is coming. The same pattern that drowned Nashville last spring is setting up to the west. They are predicting 5 to 7 inches of rain. Perhaps the weather people are wrong.

1 comment:

Hollywood forever, Kevin said...

The thrill of finding a hummingbird nest is the high lite of my summer. I have only found three and each time, I'm amazed. Thank you for your kind comment, it helped!