Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Good Laugh

Some days can be turned around by a good laugh. Some bad weeks too. A good laugh, some humor reminds me of Robert Frost's poem "Dust of Snow".



The way a crow

Shook down on me

The dust of snow

From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart

A change of mood

And saved some part

Of a day I rued.



Tonight, plagued by insomnia, I fell across an old clip from YouTube. It was a Canadian comedy act called "The Frantics" and a skit called "Her First Period". Only slightly off color it portrays a man whose daughter has just called hysterical about her first period.With the mother away the father has to explain this event to his daughter and to tell her what to do.Three older men witness this cellphone call and their reactions make the skit great comedy.


Another great joke I found was about the contrasting diaries of a dog and cat.It is hugely funny because it contrasts tail waving canine happiness with the saturnine ,aloof cat who calls his owners "tormentors" and plots to trip them on the stairs. A silly piece maybe, but true to the bone.


To me, after a rough patch, this silliness was like the snow, and put some cheer back in my day.

1 comment:

Sam said...

That skit must be a female thing, it made me as uncomfortable as the men on the bench.