Friday, April 16, 2010

Coleslaw for Barbecue on a Bun.



After cooking Mrs. Beatrice Mize's Shredded Cabbage (Recipe posted today but came in as an April 12 post since I had saved it as a draft), I had half a purple cabbage left.I decided to make coleslaw. As a lover of pork barbecue I know the best place for coleslaw is on barbecue from Whitt's -lovingly sandwiched between the hamburger buns Whitt's sells for $1.89 a dozen.

Coleslaw with Creole seasonings


1/2 medium size purple or green cabbage
3 carrots, peeled.
1 cup mayonnaise
1-2 tablespoons Creole mustard
1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning-or more to taste


Shred the cabbage by hand, or through a food processor.Peel the carrots and grate them. In a mixing bowl, combine everything. Add more mustard or seasoning to your taste.

This could be a stand-alone summer side dish for a picnic. But I believe its raison d'etre is to smother barbecue.

No comments: