Saturday, May 22, 2010

The World is Your Pantry


It is one am, and I am up housecleaning and wondering why I can no longer sleep for more than three hours at a time-No matter. I happened on a great recipe tonight on a blog called "West of Persia". Bria is the young woman of Persian heritage who writes the blog. I made her "Turkish Coffee pudding" in under 2 minutes, and it is wonderful. I used a couple teaspoons of strong brewed coffee instead of Turkish coffee powder. I used slivered almonds instead of pistachios. All I did was put 15 oz of Ricotta cheese, a handful of slivered almonds, 1/4 cup sugar, a half teaspoon of ground cardomon, and a 3 tablespoons of strong coffee in the food processor. I pulsed it till it was pudding, tasted, then put it in a bowl to chill till morning.What a filling this would be for crepes! What a frosting for a cake.This also made me think more about Ricotta. How about Ricotta pudding made with Guava jelly of Fig jam? Thank you Bria.

For the photo I garnished the pudding with mint sprigs and slivered almonds.

No comments: