Monday, June 7, 2010

Fruit Salad with Thai Basil






I composed this salad last night. I needed a dish to go with Black Bean Soup and my version of Chicken with Sofrito Sauce. It requires:


1 apricot, diced

1 small tomato, diced.

1 mango, diced

1/2 cup diced pineapple

1 navel orange, cut into rounds, rind trimmed away ,then diced.

6-8 leaves of Thai basil, chopped.

Sea salt- a sprinkling.


Combine the fruit in a glass bowl, and toss with the basil leaves.Sprinkle with salt.

Now- make a dressing.

Combine 2 tbs of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of Natural organic sugar, 1 heaping tbs of

guava jelly, 2 tbs lemon juice, and a teaspoon of chipotle/mango/pomegranate sauce.

You can substitute a few drops of plain chipotle hot sauce for the mango sauce. I

used Fischer and Wieser Chipotle and mango sauce, but I am not sure how widely

available it is.


Toss the dressing with the salad and serve.

No comments: