Thursday, November 3, 2011

What the Poets Say-

About cold, blustery days such as today with leaves flying and birds fighting the wind-




Theodore Roethke- "A steady storm of correspondences! A night flowing with birds-"

And this-"The bones of weeds kept swinging in the wind."




Percy Bysshe Shelley-


"Oh wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being,

Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead

Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing,"




Poems quoted in order were Roethke's "In a Dark Time" and "It was Beginning Winter".

"Ode to the West Wind", by Shelley

2 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I like the bones of weeds expression. Got a tune up on meds and nutrition.Hate to have to go in, but have a few thousand miles before my next tune up.

Unknown said...

Hi Betsy! I've just popped over from my blog - I didn't mean to leave you hanging re the kadayif. I am not familiar with the recipe you mention but I have at last found a delicious sweet one that I can send you if you send me your email. Or maybe you've used it up! Claudia