Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day

Two worthy cookbooks arrived from Amazon today- "Feasts for All Seasons" by Roy Andries de Groot, and "When French Women Cook" by Madeline Kamman. I cannot wait to get into them and to post at more length, but we are under a Winter Storm Warning and I must slip slide into work. My nervous employer was already calling this morning at 11:00 ( I was asleep) to find out if I was coming in. So many people I work with commute an hour or more into the city , and they may not show. But we take care of people's mothers and children and husbands . We have a moral and professional obligation to at least try to get in. I expect everyone I see on the way to work tonight will be on their way to the hospitals they work at. Who else would come out on a Snow Day?

No comments: